Before you sign on the line, before you commit to a neighborhood, step back and take the time to make sure it’s the right decision for you. By completing this check list you will feel better equipped to decide if a community is a good fit for you.
- Drive around the neighborhood and check out all community amenities. Don’t just drive around at 10 am on Tuesday morning; check out the neighborhood at various times of the day. How does the experience differs at 7pm in the evening or on Saturday morning?
- Walk the community. Talk to homeowners on the sidewalk and in their yards. Ask about their experience in the community.
- Review the Homeowner’s Association restrictions and rules. Do they allow storage sheds, are there exterior color restrictions and what process you must follow for architectural changes to you home.
- Determine what internet connections are available in the community and do they meet your needs.
- If building is still going on are there restrictions for the contractors to prevent jack hammering at 7 a.m. on Saturday morning
- Ask for the community plat and understand the size and scope of the community when it is built out.
Terry Roberts Broker/Owner