Whether you are just visiting Rockwall, Texas or you are looking for your new hometown, one thing you don’t want to miss out on is a trip to the Square in Historic Downtown Rockwall.. It is truly a small town gem located in a big city suburb.
The Farmers Market
Rockwall Farmers Market is touted as one of the best farmers markets in the Dallas area. The market is spread out around the square and is pet-friendly. From 8am until noon on Saturdays, more than 30 vendors provide items such as:
- Farm-fresh eggs
- Local honey
- Artisan breads
- Fresh tamales
- Produce directly from local farms
- Grass-fed meats
- Local crafts, and so much more
Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
When you are all shopped out, or just hungry for good food, check out one of the local restaurants around the square. With kid-friendly menus. and everything from hamburgers to pork tenderloin, you won’t have a problem finding someplace to stop for a bite. I know I don’t! Some great stops are;
- Bin 303 – This local burger joint holds a family night they call Together Tuesdays where all kids eat for just five bucks. They are famous for their burgers but have a wide offering including a large selection of wine.
- Book Club Café – Offering breakfast, lunch, and dinner, this little café has a full bakery onsite that offers pastries and breads fresh daily.
- The Fatted Calf – If you are looking for cooking classes, private party dining, and a full brunch menu, then this is the place for you. Be sure to check the hours; each day is different and they are closed on Mondays.
- Trevino’s – They have been offering homemade Tex-Mex food since the late 80s for the whole family. They offer a full breakfast on the weekends only.
- Zanata – Wood-fire ovens make this the best place for local hand-tossed pies. The menu offers items like specialty pizzas and various antipastos.
- Pier 101 – Great seafood, prepared traditionally or with a low-county flair. Fresh, flavorful with served by a warm and friendly staff.
Shops on The Square
There are various shops on The Square, and on the 2nd Thursday of each month, they hold Night Owls Night where shops stay open until 8pm and offer discounts and promotions. Whether you are window shopping or have a purpose, these shops may have just what you need:
- Bella’s House of the Square
- Dee Dee Style
- Plain Jane
- Poe and Arrows
- Southern Roots
- By George
- Candles by Carol
- Rockwall Mercantile and Apothecary
- Vintage Home
- Worker Bee Studio
- Embellish on The Square
- Texas Traditions
Live Music at San Jacinto Plaza
Live music can be found at local restaurants in Rockwall Square; however, the best live music experience has to be San Jacinto Plaza. They offer live music on Friday and Saturday nights from 6:30pm until 9:00pm. You and your family can bring a cooler and spread out a picnic blanket, or sit at the cafe-style tables and chairs available.
Whether you grew up in a small town or big city, Rockwall will remind you of where you have been, and where you want to go.
Terry Roberts, Owner/Broker