Chisholm Ranch

    Chisholm Ranch

    McClendon derived its name from P.A. McClendon. About 1870 P.A. McCendon, a large land owner built a store, gin, and blacksmith shop, starting the beginning of the community. This was a thriving neighborhood in the midst of an area where there was rich blackland soil that produced an abundance of cotton. In the beginning, there was a church and school.

    The land which was the townsite of Chisholm, was given to a veteran of the Mexican War, King Latham in 1847. Enoch Parson Chisholm purchased 200 acres from Latham in 1856 and a few years later, 600 acres for $2.00 per acre. In 1886, the town of Chisholm was platted. Chisholm derived its name from Enoch Parson Chisholm and from his brother, B. Frank Chisholm, a colonel in the Civil War. Mr. Chisholm organized the Chisholm Methodist Church in his home in 1871. The community had two small school buildings, which were combined and formed Berry Creek Academy in 1886. A Chisholm post office was opened in 1891 and closed in 1905

    Amenities: Gated entry, Propane available on site

    Price Range: $400,000 to $540,000

    HOA Dues: $495 annually

    Tax Rate: 1.82%

    Subdivision Schools:

    Rockwall Heath High School

    Caine Middle School

    Springer Elementary School